Every person has obstacles in their life. How they overcome them determines their success.
Have the conviction that your goal is achievable. Once your eyes are set on the goal, don’t allow minor obstacles to distract you. It’s easy to give up; it’s much harder to stick to the plan.
- There will always be obstacles along the way. Hoping they will go away and that things will fall in place is not the answer. Create achievable and realistic goals to ensure success. Ensure the goals you create are simple, clear, desirable and measurable. Measure progress and celebrate accomplishments to motivate you to propel forward at a faster pace
- Instead of thinking about what you cannot do, think about what you can do. Use the obstacle as a means to become better or think of creative ways to overcome it. When you hit a wall, find a way to climb it or build a hole in the wall to get to the other side. Don’t just stand there and wonder why you hit the wall.
- Choose an attitude to prevail. Develop an unshakable belief in yourself and your abilities. Have the confidence to be the exception, the outlier that overcomes all obstacles.
- Our brains have nerve pathways called the reticular activating system (RAS). The RAS receives directions from various parts of the brain, decides which pieces are useful to achieve the command, and makes it happen. What this means is we can program our mind to be positive and search for viable solutions. Developing the right mindset is the best solution for overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Obstacles are inevitable. All successful people have faced and overcome their own obstacles. The conviction in your goals, a smart plan, creative solutions and the right mindset can give you a powerful determination to succeed.
Author : Anupananda Baruah (betterlifemantra)Tags: obstacles to opportunity Self-development self-help